Interface and DAQ Cards
Elan's Interface and Data Acquisition products are supplied with our Card Center Pro software package. This package supports our standard communications cards, our DAQ range and also our specialist range of comms cards.
If you have a query about a product that you have purchased, please contact your supplier directly; if you have bought one of our standard cards through a distributor or reseller they will be able to help you more quickly than Elan directly.
For product support if you purchased your product directly from Elan, please check the list (below) of known issues, and if your query is not answered here please complete our support request form.
What is Card Center Pro?
Card Center Pro is a collection of Demos, Drivers, Source Code and Documentation that supports Elanís range of PCMCIA products.
The key feature of Card Center Pro is that it makes it easy to install a PCMCIA card on your system and to have access to the manual and driver code to simplify the creation of your own applications. Working Demos provide convenient starting points and so improve your time to market. The Card Center Pro Launcher brings all these features together to allow the user immediate access (the launcher can also be used to start Memory Card Explorer, an optional software tool for Memory PCMCIA cards)
- Where applicable each card has its own demo application that is configured and ready to run
- Demos are Windows 32-bit or DOS for selected cards
- Platform support includes DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2K and XP
- Simple user interfaces to demonstrate the key features of the card
- Windows 9x Plug-n-Play VxD
- Windows NT4 SYS driver
- Windows 2000/XP WDM driver
- Full hot swapping capability in 95 i.e. VxD is dynamically reconfigured depending on what card is inserted
- Legacy DOS driver for 16-bit card and socket services (demos may require 32-bit)(not recommended for new designs)
- Driver API documentation to allow user to access all features
- Access to Memory Technology Driver interface for 95...allows Read/Write/Erase of SRAM and Flash type PCMCIA cards
- Access to Card Services for DOS & 9x
- Access to Socket Services for 9x
- Special deals for OEMs to license these drivers for use with their own PCMCIA software and/or hardware products
- Each card has its own folder that contains complete source code for the cardís demo application (currently C, C++)
- Each card also has a "core" DLL (with source) that allows simple access to the cardís features without you having to understand the details of every bit in every register in the card
- The source code can be modified and used royalty free in your own application
- Full detailed Userís Guide for every card, giving register programming information and card specifications
- Guides are supplied on disk in PDF and can be viewed/printed with a single Mouse click from the Card Center Pro Launcher (Adobe Acrobat reader required)
- In contrast to other PCMCIA companies, Elanís philosophy is to provide all the tools a user needs to create their own application, and this includes full documentation of how to program the hardware.
You can download the latest version of Card Center Pro online.
Changes and updates are described in the CCP release.txt file. (Includes latest version number and release date)
Latest issue news (text file)